Local Search Optimization
Studies show that optimizing your website and online marketing campaign are increasingly important, especially where your location matters. In a Nielsen study in 2006, 73% of consumers preferred to find products and services using search engines because they felt they were over-exposed to advertising. Yet, 76% of consumers feel their shopping habits are influenced by advertising that they encounter once a year. The point is to have a balanced marketing strategy that ensures your potential customers will find you. Local SEO includes both organic and paid SEO practices. Some important points below are also made in The definitive guide to local seo by the Search Engine Journal:
- Maintain Consistent Local Profile Listings. Specifically, your local listings should all match exactly the form of your Name, Address and Phone (NAP) in the footer of every page of your website, preferably address information consistent with your Google Local information.
- Having a plan for maintianing your online reputation is paramount to local businesses success. In the 2006 Nielsen Group study, 93% of consumers report that an online consumer review could influence their purchasing decision.
- Include location information in digital form via meta tags, microdata markup and kml files.
- A quality website earns consumer trust. In the Nielsen Group study in 2006, 77% of people were more likely to make a puchase from a quality website of an unknown business than a poor website from a familiar business.
- Check up on your status monthly. You should aim to acheive new citations, socal referrals and reviews regularly.
The term may sound ridiculously trendy, but it is a short and simple way of describing the convergence of Social, Local and Mobile marketing and the technology involved. Consumers are SOcial, LOcal and MObile: devices, apps and services collect and compile consumer geo-location data to deliver highly accurate results and relative content. Local search has evolved and shares elements of Social Media marketing tactics and results. Primarily for brick and mortar businesses, social-local-mobile marketing includes registering with location-based services such as yelp and foursquare, which rely on your physical business address to drive traffic (almost literally) to your door or digital page. Many business services can still focus on the points of Local Search Optimization, and complement their marketing efforts with a mixture of mobile capability and social media skill, even without a storefront.
Master Web Creations can help manage your local search optimization campaign and guide you towards maintaining your online reputation. We are a widely local SEO and website service company serving many different types of client needs.